Recruiting a sales manager
Thanks to our expertise, we can help you choose a sales manager.
The success of a sales company depends to a large extent on the quality of its sales team. If you want to achieve your sales targets, you need a qualified recruitment agency to recruit a competent sales manager. Calling on Archetype remains an effective solution for finding the right profile, thanks to our expertise and in-depth knowledge of the Belgian market.
Why use a recruitment agency for a sales manager position?
Recruiting a sales director, general manager, sales manager, customer success manager or any other profile for a fixed-term or permanent contract requires a careful assessment of the candidates’ technical, managerial and human skills. It’s not enough just to publish job offers. It’s a challenge for your company, because he or she has to drive growth, develop the business and supervise the sales teams. This allows you to
- Benefit from the expertise of professionals who understand the specific challenges of the sales manager position
- Access to an extensive network of qualified candidates with sales and marketing experience
- Save time and energy by avoiding reviewing unsuitable CVs and profiles
- Reduce the risk of hiring the wrong candidate through a rigorous and proven selection process.
How does Archetype support companies in their search?
As a responsible recruitment agency specialising in the commercial sector, we have developed a personalised approach to meet the precise needs of our corporate clients.
3Identifying needs and defining the profile required
Our approach starts with a precise analysis of your expectations and your professional context, so that we can offer you tailor-made support in recruiting your sales manager. We take into account a number of parameters, such as the size of the company, the sector of activity, the internal culture, the competition and the sales objectives to be achieved. This enables us to draw up a complete portrait of the ideal sales manager to recruit for our clients.
Sourcing of candidates and pre-selection
We take care of the search, using our extensive network of professionals and our knowledge of the Belgian and international job markets to identify profiles that match your expectations. An initial pre-selection is made on the basis of the criteria established in the previous phase. We meet the shortlisted candidates to check their skills, verify their references and explore their motivation.
Help with final selection and integration
Once this pre-selection has been completed, we present you with the candidates who best match the requirements of the sales manager position. We’ll help you make your decision. We can also help you put in place an effective integration plan for a period of 6 months.
The key skills of a good sales manager
To carry out their role successfully, sales managers need a number of skills:
- Technical expertise, i.e. in-depth knowledge of sales techniques, growth drivers, the market, products/services or technologies.
- Managerial skills, giving them the ability to motivate, unite and support team members in achieving their objectives
- A sense of strategy, giving them a global vision and the ability to define a coherent and effective sales policy
- Interpersonal skills, enabling them to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, develop and maintain a professional network and show empathy
- Adaptability, enabling them to adapt quickly and show resilience in the face of change and the unexpected.
As a specialist recruitment agency, we pay particular attention to these different dimensions when looking for the ideal profile for the position of Sales Director for our clients. Our aim is to provide you with profiles that are relevant to your needs and capable of meeting the challenges posed by your business environment.