Sales Manager Recruitment
We’re recruiting the sales manager you need to reinvigorate your team.
You’re looking for a Sales Manager to give your sales team a new dynamic. The performance of your sales team depends on the management of the Sales Manager who will lead your company to success. We can help you find the ideal candidate with strategic vision and sales expertise. That’s why Archetype, our Belgium-based recruitment consultancy, takes charge of finding the best profiles to meet the specific needs of each organisation.
The importance of the Sales Manager’s role
A Sales Manager’s main tasks are to define the company’s sales strategy, manage and lead a sales team and ensure its performance. In this way, they contribute directly to the growth of the organisation and its competitiveness in the marketplace. You will be responsible for
- Setting sales and margin targets
- Drawing up and implementing the annual sales plan
- Analysing the team’s performance and identifying areas for improvement
- Ongoing training of sales staff in products, services and sales techniques
- Recruiting and supporting new members of the sales team
- Managing the sales development budget
Certain functions may also relate to the company’s sector of activity, such as proposing new products or services, managing partnerships or promoting the existing portfolio to specific targets.
Essential skills for a Sales Manager
To ensure effective recruitment tailored to the needs of each company, Archetype carefully examines the skills expected of a Sales Manager.
Leadership: the ability to unite and energise a team around common objectives
Commercial expertise derived from experience in sales and negotiation, knowledge of the company’s products and services and its competitors
Strategy, which requires an acute sense of analysis to develop, monitor and adapt the sales strategy in line with market developments
Communication, which involves excellent interpersonal skills, both internally and externally, and a mastery of modern communication tools
And organisation, which comes from effective management of priorities and emergencies, the ability to manage several projects simultaneously and rigorous monitoring of the team’s activities.
At Archetype, we can easily identify profiles that combine technical skills with people skills.
The success of a Sales Manager, just like that of a Country Manager, Account Manager or Sales Engineer, also depends on certain human qualities:
Adaptability in the face of change or obstacles
- Empathy and active listening, to understand the needs of their team and customers
- Resilience and perseverance, to motivate the team to excel in sometimes difficult situations
- Emotional intelligence, to manage and express emotions effectively, and to influence and maintain a healthy working environment conducive to performance.
Archetype’s recruitment process
To guarantee quality recruitment, at Archetype we follow a rigorous, multi-stage process:
- Identifying the need and defining the position and profile required with the client company
- Searching for and selecting candidates on the basis of precise criteria (skills, experience, personality, etc.)
- An in-depth interview to assess the candidate’s motivation, ambition, personality and skills.
- Case studies that reveal tactical motivations in everyday situations
- A personality test that measures personality, sales approach and management skills.
- Specific sales or management tests are administered depending on the position.
- Role plays.
Convinced that the integration of a new employee contributes to his or her success and that of the company, at Archetype we provide post-recruitment follow-up to check that this period is running smoothly and, if necessary, offer advice to the client and/or candidate. We support both the candidate and the employer during the first 6 months. This support includes :
- Regular meetings with the Sales Manager to discuss first impressions, difficulties or successes.
- Assessing the new employee’s integration into the team
- Checking that the Sales Manager’s objectives are in line with the results achieved