Assessment/Evaluation of managerial skills
We find executives who align with your values, culture and objectives.
A company’s success depends to a large extent on the performance of its managers. That’s why an effective assessment method needs to be put in place to gauge each manager’s knowledge and skills. At Archetype, a recruitment and managerial skills assessment firm in Belgium, we have developed expertise in assessment, to help companies identify the profiles best suited to their needs.
The importance of assessing managerial skills
Managers play a central role in a company’s overall performance. It is therefore essential to identify the management skills needed to ensure the success of each key position within the organisation. By conducting regular assessments of the skills of the employees concerned, companies can gain a clear picture of their strengths and weaknesses, and adapt their training and development plans accordingly. In our office, we can help you with assessment/evaluation for internal promotion, assessment/evaluation of sales skills and assessment/evaluation for recruitment.
The benefits of an effective assessment
A serious and structured assessment of management knowledge and skills enables the company to :
- – Quickly identify internal talent capable of taking on new responsibilities
- – Identify the areas in which its managers need to improve in order to better meet the demands of the job
- – Gain a better understanding of its team’s needs and leadership expectations
- – Create an environment conducive to employees’ professional development
Assessment methods: Assessment as a key measurement tool
At Archetype, we have developed a method based on Assessment. This approach involves an in-depth analysis of an employee’s management skills and knowledge in order to assess their ability to manage a team or project effectively.
The benefits of Assessment for the company
There are a number of advantages to using Assessment:
Obtaining a clear and objective view of the manager’s skills
Assessment enables the level of each management skill to be measured accurately, giving the company a realistic picture of the situation.
A solid basis for training and development initiatives
Thanks to the data collected during the Assessment, the company is able to tailor the training offered to its managers to their specific needs.
Promoting internal development
By identifying managers with the potential to take on new responsibilities, Assessment-based evaluation offers the company attractive opportunities for internal mobility.
How does an assessment work at Archetype?
Our method of assessing management skills is based on several principles:
- We organise realistic simulations for managers that enable them to demonstrate their skills in an environment close to their day-to-day professional life. This is called role-playing.
- Specific psychometric tests are carried out to analyse the aptitudes and personality traits inherent in a good manager. This data strengthens the objectivity of the assessment.
- Through an individual interview with each employee, we gather information on the employee’s motivations, career aspirations and vision of the position they occupy or wish to occupy.
Assessing managerial skills: an ongoing process
You should stress that the assessment of managerial skills should not be seen as a simple one-off check. On the contrary, it should be part of an ongoing process to improve the company’s performance, through the regular development of its managers’ skills.
At Archetype, we support our clients throughout the assessment process, as well as afterwards. Our aim is to guarantee efficient follow-up to encourage managers to develop their skills over the long term. To achieve this, we offer advice and recommendations tailored to the specific needs of each organisation.